Travelling within Canada
When travelling with your pet, it’s important to make sure you have the essentials. Below is a checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything for your trip. Pet-Friendly has great information for travelling with your pet within Canada.
- Food and water, treats, bowls, and a can opener.
- Favourite bedding and toys.
- Kennel or travel crate.
- Medications (Prescription, heartworm, flea and tick control)
- Pet First Aid Kit
- Identification: Collar with tags, tattoo, and/or microchip with up-to-date contact information.
- Book pet-friendly accommodations in advance. Mention your pet at the time of booking and confirm the accommodation’s pet policies.
Exporting pets outside of Canada has varying requirements depending on the intended country. Requirements such as vaccines, medications, microchipping, etc., may be simple to complex and can change without notice. We advise all clients travelling to use a professional pet transportation service to help with the export requirements needed.