Traveling within Canada
When traveling with your pet its important to make sure you have the essentials. Below is a check list to make sure you don’t forget anything for your trip. Pet-Friendly has great information for traveling with your pet within Canada.
- Food and water, treats, bowels, and a can opener.
- Favourite bedding and toys
- Kennel or travel crate.
- Medications (Prescription, heartworm, flea and tick control)
- Pet First Aid Kit
- Identification: Collar with tags, tattoo, and/or microchip with up to date contact information.
- Book pet-friendly accommodations in advance. Mention your pet at the time of booking and conform the accommodation’s pet policies.
Exporting pets outside of Canada has variable requirements depending on the intended country. Requirements such as vaccines, medications, microchipping, etc. may be simple to complex and can change without notice. We advice all clients traveling to use a professional pet transportation service to help with the export requirements needed. We recommend using Boomerang Pet Carrier for your pet transportation needs.